Welcome to our Fifth CSA Season! WHAT IS CSA? Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a mutually beneficial relationship between a local farm and the community of people who receive the food the farm produces. Our members pre-purchase a share of the harvest and in return receive a weekly supply of fresh seasonal vegetables picked at their peak of ripeness and flavor. This commitment lays out the inherent benefits and risks of the agricultural season to our members, while providing us farmers the financial support needed to run the operation. We also guarantee "Fresh from the Country" quality since our CSA allows us to disperse our shares almost immediately after harvesting.
WHY JOIN OUR CSA? With only 2% of Americans actually producing food for the other 98%, people are increasingly separated from the source of their food. Community Supported Agriculture is a creative and effective way to respond to this crisis at a local level. The emphasis is to promote a safe food system coming from your local farm in return boosting your local economy. Your participation in our CSA will provide you deeper understanding of our dependence between one another and the earth. Our farm strives to not only supply you with nutritious natural food, but an opportunity for our community to come together, providing you access to the beautiful countryside of Platte County.
WHAT IS NATURAL FARMING? The CSA concept was first developed 50 years ago by a group of women in Japan. Their concern with pesticide use, processed and imported foods, and a decrease in their local farming community sprouted their idea. We guarantee to keep their focus on natural farming our priority. We do not use any pesticides, herbicides, or other harmful chemicals which would not only damage our thriving plants, but could also contaminate our sustainable farm. This commitment is also recognized in the poultry we raise, insuring their non-GMO diet, and cage free and free range environments.
OUR CSA Length of Season: Our CSA runs for 16 weeks, starting in mid-May to early June and ending in September. Pick-up days: Members are responsible for picking up their shares on Tuesday nights from 5:00 to 6:30 at our farm. Delivery: Members are responsible for picking up their shares at a central location for a small fee. If unable to pick up your share at your respected time/place, please make arrangements prior to Tuesday of that week.
SHARE AND PRICE Each weekly share will consist of 8-10 different items. The cost for the season is $400 ($25/share). Payments can be made in full or bi seasonal (first payment of $100 submitted with contract, second payment of $100 April 1st, and third payment of $200 July 1st). Sign up for past members will begin in January, followed by open enrollment in February until spots are filled.